Thursday, December 9, 2010

I want to tell u story

Hardly remember the name of the drugs against Influenza A?

Let me tell you story about adamantanes and neuraminidase inhibitors.

Once upon a time, there were 2 families: adamantanes and neuraminidase inhibitors. Adamantanes have 2 children: aman (amantadine) and raman (ramantadine).


Assume they are amantadine and ramantadine :p
 One day neuraminidase inhibitors met adamantanes and his 2 children in Pogung Baru.

"Hello Adam. Are they your children? They are very cute!" said neuraminidase inhibitors.

"Yes, they are. I heard that you have married few years ago. So, do you have any children?" asked adamantanes.

"Yea, I have two also. One is named Zana (zanamivir) and another is named as oselta (oseltamivir)," said neuraminidase inhibitors with his lips curved into a smile.

"So, how is your life now? Do you....still contact with Influenza A?" asked adamantanes.

"Yeah, I'm working with him now. He is my boss. As always, he is still as irritating as last time in the class. Do you still remember how he bullied us last time?" said neuraminidase inhibitors.

"Of course I remember! And recently, he had annoyed me very much. He made my ducks and pigs sick by injecting them with virus! I wanna revenge! However, I hardly approach him as he has already known that I wana take him down (drug-resistant). I need someone to help me. Since you hate him so much and he doesn't know this ( less likely to promote drug resistance), you still stand a chance to approach him and to defeat him. How about we have a conspiracy?" said adamantanes.

"Why not? Count me in, dude! We should work this out together!" said neuraminidase inhibitors.



------- The end----------
  
Hopefully this story helps you. This is the way I memorize the drugs and which one will create drug resistant.
Hope you enjoy reading this story.

Reference:
1) Dr. Titik Nuryastuti. Lecture: New Emerging Disease Avian Influenza Coronavirus/SARS.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha....creative! but as u said it, pretty lame, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha.ha.ha. *imagine the kind of laughter i made when i need to laugh with you in the public*..
    but it's nice though and like esther said, creative! :D..hehehe..and it made me realised, i remembered adamantane wrongly as amantadane..@_@

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. creative nya yoke yan.. hehe.. i was imagined u and esther act as adam and neura :D

    good job, babe !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo gals, can i deem all these as a compliment?:p When i read this lecture note, i hardly rmbr the name. So, i created this story n wana share this with y'all. happy studying!

    ReplyDelete